Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Introduction

Hello and welcome to The Mental Toilet,

My blog dedicated solely to the art of screenwriting as well as other random scramblings in my mind.

My name is Eric Vaughn Carter and since I was sixteen years old, living in a small town in Maine, I was inspired by a certain movie and a certain filmmaker to try my hand at screenwriting (which I will remain a secret as to what movie/who inspired me for the time being).

Since then, between finishing high school, working weekends, graduating from college and moving out to the West Coast, I have written 2 feature length scripts, five episodes of a tv show I've created and a small handful of short scripts. My goal by the end of this summer is to finish writing another feature length I've started back in Maine, as well as either finish a season of the tv show I was referring to earlier, or finish another feature length and have them read.

I'm someone who also wants/likes to write in different genres, so if anyone out there is curious to know if I have a preference, I don't.

For Feature Length Films this is my project list:

My Loss Lynda - Completed First Draft (Romantic/Dark Comedy)

The Longitudinal Aggravator - Halfway done first draft (Dark Comedy/Crime Drama)

Colossus - Conceptualized (Sci-Fi Film)

Winning Days - Conceptualized (Racing Dramedy)

For Television shows:

Fatima - Five Episodes In (Sci-Fi Epic)

Ground Zero - Three episodes in (College Dramedy)

I think what I'll start doing is to try to post on current scripts that I'm working on to get advice and feedback as to what works and what doesn't. For the moment, I'm going to try to work on The Longitudinal Aggravator for now. In terms of t.v. shows I'll try to post whole episodes of Fatima as well (cause I'm the kind of writer who likes to jumps back and forth between scripts).

Since I'm getting tired, I'll sign off for now. If anyone is as interested in screenwriting as me, hit me up for a conversation.

Till later,
-E.V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment